620 Aylesford Lane, Franklin, Tennessee 37069
(615) 972-8405; firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR LEADER & MBA
- Strategic thinking executive with proven success in leading high-value initiatives that break down company silos to deliver operational excellence.
- Innovative, results-driven leader that drives turn-around strategies to recover struggling teams and projects.
- Collaborative, team player that focuses on positive, proactive communication to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders both inside and outside the organization.
Chief Technology Officer
XSOLIS helps healthcare organizations manage revenue risk through a real-time predictive analytics platform that minimizes avoidable loss, mitigates the risk of denials, and streamlines operational processes..
Assistant Vice President, Case Management & Performance Improvement
Senior leader passionate about putting the patient at the center of healthcare through the leveraging of operational excellence and technology to enable improved clinical workflows and quality outcomes. Charged with providing overall direction, support and accountability for technology and its use to successfully perform data analytics, educate operational resources, standardize processes, and monitor performance.
Assistant Vice President, Case Management & Process Improvement
- Executed a call recording program for case managers that impacted $55 million in annual concurrent denials.
- Implemented a re-designed fax solution for clinical documentation that impacted $97 million in annual denials for lack of clinical documentation.
- Reduced, by 70%, the number of accounts to be reconciled by the Clinical Documentation Improvement team by implementing a DRG optimal match protocol, resulting in a 21% increase in staff productivity.
- Developed and implemented processes that resulted in a 39% increase in quality measures (from 57% to 79%) and a 16% increase in outcome measures (from 79% to 92%), both of which were above company averages.
- Designed electronic financial tracking system for $90 million in annual performance improvement projects.
Senior Director, TriStar Centennial Medical Center
- Devised and executed information technology plan that aligned with facility and enterprise business strategies through implementation, support and innovation.
- Administered $10 million annual budget while leading a team of 30 members.
- Engineered employee engagement strategy that resulted in a 12% increase in overall engagement scores (from 77% to 86%), improving scores across all seven measured categories, which was #1 among peer group facilities.
- Architected and launched new support processes and quality controls that resulted in a 13% increase in customer satisfaction (from 84% to 95%), improving scores across all four measured categories, which was #1 among peer group facilities.
- Collaborated with clinical departments to use of iPads in lieu of anti-anxiety medications for pediatric patients and to maximize the use of display technologies within the surgical suite.
- Mentored two Associate Directors, with both individuals being promoted within one year.
- Partnered with clinicians across service lines to leverage information technology to enable clinical transformation while leading a team of 20 team members.
- Delivered initiatives across business units that contributed to the achievement of $300 million in HITECH Meaningful Use Stage One incentives.
- Executed implementation of computerized physician order entry in all inpatient departments in 40 facilities in 24 months and over 100 emergency departments in 7 months.
- Delivered 50% revenue growth in first year of operational ownership of oldest account.
- Created analytical tool to evaluate current pricing strategies against those of competitors.
- Developed and launched a new care delivery model that includes mobile teams rather than fixed location clinics.
- Engineered and launched a web-based pharmacy management system for on-site pharmacies.
- Devised forward-thinking data-sharing program with a large insurance carrier with mutual clients to demonstrate a defensible return on investment.
- Leveraged open source technologies to manage: education and training, application documentation, knowledgebase and issue tracking, reducing development time while minimizing total cost of ownership.
- Delivered initial three relationships with angel investors worth in excess of $500,000.
- Organized the development of corporate expansion plans for Canada and European Union.
- Achieved growth in sales pipeline surpassing organization goals, growing to $6.9 million within two quarters of management.
- Negotiated and signed company’s first revenue-generating contract.
- Implemented multiple technology development projects simultaneously, including the development of CareerPACE, a competency-based performance evaluation system.
- Achieved average annual growth rates over 60% in revenue and 175% in EBITDA for business unit.
- Served as consulting resource to sister companies Simplicity Pattern Co. and BiltBest Windows & Patio Doors.
- Negotiated and managed contracts for online marketing with firms such as Google and Yahoo.
- Developed cross-departmental and cross-business-unit relationships to better leverage all corporate marketing and sales activities.
- Exceeded stated annual goal of growing individual account base by 50%.
- Successfully managed financial consulting relationships with two national brokerage houses.
- Developed and managed long-term strategies for implementation of new services, for both on- and off-line clients.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS & PUBLISHED ARTICLES
- 2015 & 2016 Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Emerging Leaders Award Finalist
- 2015 HCA Healthcare IT&S Emerging Leader Selection
- 2014 Nashville Business Journal 40 Under 40 Award Recipient
- Nashville Technology Council Healthcare Innovation Summit: “Back Office Innovation & Systems Integration”
- “Channel Conflict: Managing Implications.” In Sales & Distribution Management: Book of Readings (pp. 166-169). Hyderabad, India: The ICFAI Center for Management Research.
- “Sexual Discrimination in the Workplace: Allison Schieffelin and Morgan Stanley.” In Effective Psychological Contract: Implications for HR Practices (pp. 167-179). Hyderabad, India: The ICFAI University Press.
BOARD MEMBERSHIPS & VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
- Board Member, Faith Family Medical Clinic, Nashville, Tennessee
- Vice Chairman & Board Member, Lipscomb University College of Business Alumni Board, Nashville, Tennessee
- President & Board Member, Grassland Athletic Association, Brentwood, Tennessee
- Young Leaders Council graduate (Class 40), Nashville, Tennessee
Master of Business Administration
Middle Tennessee State University, Jennings A. Jones College of Business, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Honors: Beta Gamma Sigma; The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Bachelor of Science Business Administration
Lipscomb University, College of Business, Nashville, Tennessee