As Mandy will readily attest, I am a movie junkie. One of my favorite leisureÂ activities is to watch a movie (especiallyÂ on the big screen in the theater). I can watch almost anything and enjoy it. From action/adventure to drama to a romantic comedy (yes, even those), I am a big fan of the silver screen.
While streaming License to Drive on Netflix, I had the urge to make a list of my favorite movies from the 80s, which can be found below. I saw many (if not most) of these movies when they came to my local video rental store (remember those–we did not even have a Blockbuster where I grew up) or, better yet, when they made it to network TV.
I have listed my favorite movies by year with my top pick for each year listed first. The remaining movies are listed in alphabetical order.
- Top Pick:Â Return of the Jedi
- A Christmas Story
- All the Right Moves
- National Lampoons Vacation
- Risky Business
- Trading Places
- Top Pick:Â Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (Perhaps the greatest 80s movie ever)
- CrocodileÂ Dundee
- One Crazy Summer
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- The Money Pit
- Top Pick:Â The Secret of My Success
- Adventures in Babysitting
- Can’t Buy Me Love
- Some Kind of Wonderful
- The Princess Bride (also a great book to read to your kids)
- Top Pick:Â National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- Major League
- Say Anything
- Uncle Buck
- Weekend at Bernie’s
Do you agree with my list, think I should have listed a different movie as my top pick, or think I left a key movie off? Comment below or contact me.